Why Is Meadows Crossing “the place to be”?There are so many reasons, but these stand out:
- Meadows Crossing is locally owned and managed. This makes an enormous difference in terms of how responsive and involved management is. Our owner, Glenn, is a graduate of GVSU. He loves the school, and he built the complex 12 years ago. He cares about the residents, and he checks in regularly to see if they are happy or if the complex needs attention in any way to make it better. He is a detail oriented person with a personal philosophy of continuous improvement, cleanliness, and thorough maintenance.
- We have the best location of any GVSU apartment complex bar none. Meadows Crossing is located right off campus. We are the first stop on the bus stop, and no resident in our complex has to walk any further than 550 feet to reach a bus stop. During winter’s cold, snow, and ice storms, this is a huge advantage! At some complexes you have to walk half a mile to reach a bus stop. Meadows is also surrounded by other other complexes which makes it easy for our residents to visit their friends and classmates.
- Ninety-five percent of Meadows Crossing’s units are townhomes. Why is townhome living superior to apartment living? First, because parking is right at your door which means you’ll spend less time walking to your car or to the bus stop. You can bring your groceries into your kitchen in only a few steps instead of walking across a massive parking lot, up flights of stairs, and to your door.
- People love the layout of our townhomes. The way our townhomes are designed allows for both privacy and socializing. In most of our four-bedroom units, there is one bedroom on the main floor and three bedrooms upstairs which accommodates people who like to be by themselves and people who like to be surrounded by others. We offer that choice. Our townhomes also include a half bath on the main floor for guests in addition to the private bathrooms in each of the bedrooms. A half bath is so much nicer when entertaining, and our residents can keep their personal bathrooms private.
- We offer more and better storage. We had the opportunity to pick the brain of the architect of GVSU’s downtown campus before we built Meadows Crossing. He walked us through how our townhomes would actually be used and gave us ideas for better living. One of those ideas was storage. Our townhomes have separate shelves for each resident in the linen closet and in the kitchen so that residents can keep their towels and food separate from their roommates’. That space is in addition to the main floor coat closet. All bedroom closets are either walk-ins or have built-in organizers to maximize space. Each full-size bed has a thick mattress instead of a mattress and box spring. This allows for much more storage under the bed.
- Our units are all completely furnished. Each has a sofa, a side chair, a big screen TV, bar stools that swivel, full-size beds, dressers, desks, and side tables. We invested in a quality furniture plan so that the furniture would both look nice and last over time. Our resident’s parents can move their kids into Meadows Crossing with a car or minivan instead of a moving truck.
- Our amenities are wonderful. Our new and improved Fitness Center is spacious and extremely well equipped. Our tanning center is operated like a professional tanning center. Our beautiful Rec Room is open all the time to our residents to give them a place to relax. We also have outdoor amenities: a pool and spa, and basketball and volleyball courts. These outdoor amenities are spread out on the property so residents can choose to live near their favorite amenity.
- Meadows Crossing has a great selection of retail shoppes for our residents’ convenience. Insomnia Cookies is the latest retail business to select Meadows Crossing as “the place to be.”
- Finally, Meadows Crossing’s residents are fantastic. We are regularly impressed with the students we see and interact with every day. It’s a privilege to work with them and on their behalf.
If you are looking for a great apartment experience at GVSU in a clean and orderly environment with great residents, and if you want a management staff that listens and takes suggestions and is constantly evolving to get better, Meadows Crossing is truly “the place to be” in Allendale, Michigan. We’re proud of our apartment complex and the work we do every day for the people who live here.