Summer has arrived in Michigan, and we can all go out and enjoy the sun and warmer temperatures and socialize with our neighbors. At Meadows Crossing this means our residents will be using our outdoor amenities much more, including our basketball and beach volleyball courts and resort-style pool and spa. There’s nothing so nice on a hot day as a refreshing dip in a pool for fun and relaxation
While Meadows Crossing is happy to be able to offer our residents and their guests access to our facilities, we would also like to remind everyone that these recreational spaces are more enjoyable for everyone to use when a bit of pool and court etiquette is followed:
- Space is limited, so gather your belongings and keep them within your immediate area. Leaving items on tables or chairs will not “reserve” them for future use, and Meadows Crossing will not be held liable for property that is broken or stolen from our pool and court areas.
- Limit your guest list. It’s appropriate to invite a few friends over on a sunny day to play volleyball or swim with you, but not to invite your entire work staff or study group. Remember, these facilities are primarily for the use of Meadows Crossing’s residents. They should not feel crowded out by the number or behavior of outside guests.
- Do not play loud music. A 2010 Trip Advisor survey reveals that the loud music of other swimmers is the #1 complaint of both beach and pool goers. Do not assume everyone around you shares your taste in music or your desire to listen to it poolside.
- Meadows Crossing regularly cleans and chemically treats its pool facilities to maintain safety and public health. Urinating in the water undermines all of this, and is just gross. Do not do it. Make sure any young children you bring are in waterproof diapers as well.
- No pets are allowed.
- Remember that your choice of swimwear has an effect on other people. Speedos and barely there bikinis are not appropriate attire for our pool area.
- Pool- or court-side drunkenness is both dangerous and off-putting. It will not be tolerated and will result in revocation of pool and court privileges.*
Our pool, spa, and court areas were built with the needs of our residents in mind, and we urge you to get full use of them and enjoy the beautiful summer. Just be mindful that Meadows Crossing Grand Valley apartments has a diverse group of people with different ideas of what relaxing recreation entails. Consideration is small price to pay for better facilities for all.
Have a great summer!
*A full list of rules can be found posted in our pool and court areas.